POV: you have finally attended your yearly dentist check up, you have inflamed gums and require fillings for the holes in your teeth. The bill is $1000+ and you wish you could go back and add oral care into your daily self care routine (and yes, more than just brushing your teeth twice a day).
We are drinking green juices to cleanse our insides, going on #hotgirlwalks (or #hotboywalks ) and investing in our skin and haircare, so why are we not putting as much effort into our oral health?
We are calling you out 😉 have you…
- Put off your yearly dentist check up because it’s too expensive (but spent $400 a month on eating out)
- Used the same toothbrush for more than 4 months (but will change your towel weekly)
- Flossed three times (this month)
- Not brushing your gums or tongue scraping (do you only wash one hand after the toilet too?)
Ok… now we are done.
Your oral health = your overall health 👏 We have our own ecosystem in our mouth (aka the oral microbiome) that functions in our teeth, tongue, gums, cheeks and part of our throat.
The positive bacteria in the oral microbiome is protecting us from bad bacteria, viruses and disease (as well as numerous oral health conditions).
Keeping your teeth, mouth and tongue clean = preventing disease, viruses and bacteria throughout the body. Yep, this is why brushing your teeth twice a day just won’t do.
Bitesoft Team Tips:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Change your toothbrush every month or two.
- Brush and floss twice a day.
- Try tongue scraping to remove excess bacteria.
- Invest in a good electric toothbrush to get in the grooves of your teeth.